Tuesday, March 28, 2017

arena of exchange proposal


The “inter-human” game (8) that I am interested in performing and documenting involves videotaping my experience as a board member, back-stage coordinator (my main position) and participant helping to run a huge annual theatrical production – Cabaret; so these upcoming two weeks, up until the end of the final performance on April 9. The “forms”(7) and their subsequent “textures” (9) that will take part in this ‘arena of exchange’ include my interactions with fellow board members, my co-back stage coordinator, volunteers, participants, and audience members. This work will showcase a cohesive reflection of myself and spectacle of my experience, or a “transitive ethic” (9-10) as Bourriard calls it. My goal is to do it inconspicuously so that certain and true social meanings can be derived from these real and unstaged encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment