Tuesday, May 8, 2018

goldstein


I think Goldstein’s work is extremely relevant to Baudrillard and post-modern art. Because he’s really making us re-think our perceptions of certain media tropes and imagery in the media in general, I see how he’s acting as the ‘vehicle’ for society to recognize the detrimental effects of our imagery consumption. 

Image result for jack goldstein

Untitled

More over, I see how Goldstein kind of went through this phase of deconstructing our perceptions of imagery to reveal something that goes beyond the trials and tribulations of humanity. 


The Jump, 1978.

I feel that he was really trying to transcend the real, in a way that was beyond Baudrillard’s warnings. Personally, I found Goldstein’s work to be inspiring, because there are definitely some visual parallels between my work and his, with his light beams and particle explosions. 

I think it would have been really interesting to see how Goldstein would have existed today, because it seems that he could have gone in the direction of computer graphics, vision, visualization, and contributed something along those lines, with his interest in something greater than humanity. However, because his work simulated digital effects instead of using digital tools with his paintings, maybe that would’ve been a loss of artistic value for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment